News & Events :: 2013 FREEDM Systems Center Annual Industry Review and Conference
February 12-13, 2013
NC State University
1101 Gorman Street
Raleigh, NC 27606
Both days are free for all FREEDM Members.
Tuesday, February 12 is reserved for FREEDM Members only.
Wednesday, February 13 is open to the public with a fee of $110 for non-members.
Industry Review - Tuesday, February 12, 2013
12:30pm - 6:00pm: Industry Review
6:00pm - 8:00pm: Reception & Dinner
During the first half day, Industry Members will be briefed on the recent progress in the Center's Year 5 research projects, featuring members-only content.
Research areas include:
- Post-silicon Devices
- Power Electronics
- Advanced Storage
- System Theory, Modeling & Control
- Distributed Grid Intelligence
- Reliable & Secure Communication
- Distributed Energy Storage Devices
- Solid State Transformer Development
- Fault Isolation Devices
This engaging format will feature brief topical presentations, followed by project specific elevator pitches, given by students.
- The first FREEDM Industry Member Showcase on Feb. 13th will allow members to promote their companies and interact with Center students.
- Networking reception and dinner with FREEDM researchers and over 45 industry members. The annual Friends of FREEDM Awards will be given out during dinner.
FREEDM Conference - Wednesday, February 13, 2013
8:00am - 5:30pm: FREEDM Conference Open to the public. $110 fee for non-members.
Take advantage of the only opportunity to learn more about the ongoing research at the FREEDM Systems Center and its global partners. Open to the public, the Conference begins with a thought provoking and informative plenary session featuring speakers that are leading Smart Grid Research and Development programs across the USA.
Plenary Session: External R&D On Smart Grid Technology
Dr. William Sanders, Director - Coordinated Science Laboratory, UIUC
Dr. Rajit Gadh, Director - UCLA Smart Grid Energy Center
Dr. Salah Bedair - Distinguished Professor, ECE, NC State University
- Research papers from FREEDM Center faculty and students
- Poster presentations
- FREEDM Green Energy Hub Lab Tour
- FREEDM Industry Member Showcase
Please join us in this engaging Industry Review and Conference with the world's foremost electric power system researchers and industry members.
For additional information, please e-mail the FREEDM Systems Center Industrial Liaison Officer, Mr. Seth Crossno at email@example.com or by phone at 919-513-2996.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn Express near Centennial Campus. Book online using the group code FRE - http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/raleigh/rdugs/hoteldetail?groupCode=FRE
3741 Thistledown Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27606
Additional Hotel Information is available here - http://www.freedm.ncsu.edu/index.php?s=8#hotels