News, Events, & Media :: Webinars »
How to Join a Webinar
- Webinars last from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays. To find out more about scheduled webinars, click on “News & Events,” then “Calendar” on this website.
- To join a webinar, go to http://www.freedm.ncsu.edu/index.php?s=2&p=2 .
- Select the date of the webinar you wish to attend.
- Follow the link provided and enter the password information. The link will direct you to the WebEx Web site and prompt you to enter the password.
- Enter your email address FULL name, and affiliation; this is important for our record keeping (Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org Kelsey Kusterer, NCSU). Enter the password you received in the webinar invitation email (this password is also provided on the FREEDM Systems Center Web site link you clicked on to get to the webinar)
- You may use your phone or computer for audio. WebEx will provide you with instructions on how to set up your audio.
- Please mute your line unless you are asking a question. This is a courtesy to your peers; if you don’t mute your line, it will cause audio interference and distract the presenter and other participants.
- *Note: Java must be installed on your computer to run WebEx. You can download Java for free here: http://www.java.com/en/download/ .
- Archived webinars are also available here: http://www.freedm.ncsu.edu/index.php?s=2&p=2 .
- Should you encounter any issues accessing the webinar, please view Kelsey Kusterer’s contact information listed below.
For more information on our webinar series, to suggest a speaker, or to join our listserve for webinar reminders, please contact Kelsey Kusterer, communications and outreach specialist, at 919-513-7529 or via email at email@example.com .