Our Research Program focuses on three thrust areas with ten sub-thrusts. Researchers from across partner campuses provide critical expertise, research capabilities and leadership.
- 1MW FREEDM System Green Energy Hub (GEH) Testbed and Demonstration
- Hardward-in-the-loop (HIL) Testbed
- Large Scale System Simulation (LSSS) Testbed
- Reliable and Secured Communications (RSC)
- Distributed Grid Intelligence (DGI)
- Distributed Energy Storage Device (DESD)
- Fault Isolation Device (FID)
- Solid-State Transformer (SST)
- Systems Theory Modeling and Control (SMC)
- Advanced Storage (AS)
- Post-Silicon Devices (PSD)
Highlighting the research program will be a 1 megawatt FREEDM System demonstration grid for renewable energy on the NC State Centennial Campus.