Sneha Narasimhan wins First Place Poster in the ECE GSA Graduate Research Symposium

The 2023 ECE Graduate Research Symposium was hosted by the ECE Graduate Student Association on January 20. The Symposium is held each year and provides graduate students in the department a great way to show off their outstanding research to peers and faculty members. Sneha Narasimhan, a student at FREEDM advised by Dr. Subhashish Bhattacharya, placed first in the Symposium. Her poster focused on developing a SiC-based medium voltage current source inverter for high-speed machines enabled by the emerging wide band gap technology (SiC and GaN semiconductor devices). This breakthrough has the potential to revolutionize the size and efficiency of medium-voltage motor drive systems, offering a solution to the existing challenges in the industry. View her poster here.

“I believe the ability to convey the significance of my research findings and technical details of the work in simpler terms, along with an effective poster, helped me stand out from the competition,” said Sneha. “I am grateful and humbled by this recognition.”

The finalists of this Symposium will represent the ECE Department at NC State University’s Graduate Research Symposium on April 5, 2023.

Dr. Dan Stancil, ECE Department Chair, listens to Sneha’s poster pitch.