The purpose of the System Theory Modeling and Controls (SMC) project is to produce a framework for the design and analysis of all necessary controls in the FREEDM system. The SMC also develops fundamental power and energy management control algorithms for use in Center projects and testbeds. These control algorithms are essential for the intelligent power, energy, and fault management functionalities of the FREEDM system.
- ICDCM 2017: Modular Electric Generator Rapid Deployment DC Microgrid
- ICDCM 2017: Z-Source Circuit Breaker Utilizing Ultra-Fast Mechanical Switch for High Efficiency DC Circuit Protection
- Equilibrium Point Analysis and Power Sharing Methods for Distribution Systems Driven by Solid-State Transformers
- Dynamic Modeling and Feasibility Analysis of a Solid-State Transformer Based Power Distribution System
- Y9.FS2.1: Distributed Control Methods for Intelligent Power Management with Moving Equilibria